- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 3
small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total)
snipped fresh rosemary
cloves garlic, minced
ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
dry red wine or water
Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
- If desired, place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound with the flat side of a meat mallet to a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick.
- In a small bowl, combine paprika, oil, rosemary, garlic, and pepper; mix well until it becomes a paste. Rub both sides of each chicken beast half with paste mixture. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil or coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place coated chicken in prepared pan; cover and refrigerate for 2 to 6 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Drizzle chicken with wine. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion of the chicken registers 170 degrees F and the juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking. (If chicken has been pounded, bake about 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear, turning once halfway through baking.)
- Remove from oven. Immediately drizzle vinegar onto chicken in the baking pan. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Stir the liquid in the baking pan and drizzle over chicken. If desired, garnish with fresh rosemary. Makes 4 chicken breast halves.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 181 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 66 mg chol., 62 mg sodium, 3 g carb. (1 g fiber), 27 g pro.