Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3/4cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
Brussels sprouts, trimmed
slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained, and crumbled
finely shredded lemon peel (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut large Brussels sprouts into lengthwise quarters or cut small sprouts in half. In a large bowl toss together sprouts, 1 tablespoon of the vinegar, and the oil until sprouts are lightly coated. Sprinkle with pepper and salt; toss to coat.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until sprouts become brown and tender, turning sprouts every 10 minutes.
- Transfer Brussels sprouts to a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar and sprinkle with bacon. If desired, garnish with lemon peel.
- Tip: To bake pork bacon, place slices side by side on a rack in a foil-lined shallow baking pan with sides. Bake for 18 to 21 minutes or until bacon is crisp-cooked Drain well on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 108 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 4 mg chol., 195 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (4 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 5 g pro.