Black Forest Trifle
- Makes: 16 servings
- Serving Size: 2/3cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 22
no-sugar-added low-fat chocolate cake mix
sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
fresh pitted dark sweet cherries or one 16-ounce package frozen unsweetened pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and well drained
frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
Unsweetened cocoa powder (optional)
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions using an 8-inch square or round cake pan. If desired, line cake pan with parchment paper; continue as directed. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes; remove cake from pan and remove parchment if used. Cut cake into 1-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare pudding mix according to package directions using the 2 cups fat-free milk; cover and chill about 30 minutes or until set.
- Place half of the cake cubes in a 3-quart trifle bowl. Spoon half of the cherries over cake; spread half of the pudding over cherries and top with half of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. If desired, sprinkle with cocoa powder. Makes 16 (about 2/3-cup) servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 102 cal., 1 g total fat 1 mg chol., 110 mg sodium, 22 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.