- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 biscuit
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 22
cold butter, cut up
plain fat-free Greek yogurt
reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese (1 ounce)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in butter, yogurt, and oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add milk all at once. Using a fork, stir just until moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead dough by folding and gently pressing it just until dough holds together. Pat dough into an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch rectangle. Cut dough lengthwise in half. Cut each half crosswise into four biscuits. Place biscuits, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- To store: Place any remaining biscuits in an airtight container. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 159 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 11 mg chol., 253 mg sodium, 22 g carb. (1 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 5 g pro.