Curried Chicken Salad Wraps
- Makes: 4 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 18
fat-free or low-fat mayonnaise dressing or salad dressing
ground black pepper
chopped cooked chicken breast (about 10 ounces)
sliced green onions
romaine leaves or 8 fresh spinach leaves
whole wheat flour tortillas
- In a medium bowl, combine mayonnaise dressing, curry powder, and pepper. Stir in chicken and green onion. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- To assemble, place a romaine leaf or two spinach leaves on each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture and tomatoes. Roll up; cut in half to serve. Makes 4 wraps
- Curry Chicken Salad Tomatoes: Prepare as directed in step 1. To serve, cut a thin slice from the top of each of 4 large tomatoes. Using a spoon, scoop out center of each tomato, leaving a shell. Spoon about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture into each tomato shell.
- Curry Chicken Salad Tomatoes: Nutrition Facts per serving: 161 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 60 mg chol., 299 mg sodium, 9 g carbo., 2 g fiber, 23 g pro.
- Curry Chicken Salad Tomatoes: Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 3 very lean meat, 0.5 fat
- Curry Chicken Salad Tomatoes: Carb choices: 0.5
- Tip: To warm tortillas, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Wrap tortillas tightly in foil. Bake about 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 246 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 60 mg chol., 537 mg sodium, 18 g carb. (9 g fiber), 28 g pro.