Five-Spice Chicken Wings
- Makes: 32 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 3
chicken wings (about 3 pounds)
bottled plum sauce
Slivered green onions (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut off tips of the wings; discard wing tips. Cut each wing at joint to make two pieces.
- In a foil-lined 15x10x1-inch baking pan arrange wing pieces in a single layer. Bake for 20 minutes. Drain well.
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine plum sauce, butter, and five-spice powder. Add chicken pieces, stirring to coat with sauce.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm- or low-heat setting for up to 1 hour. If desired, sprinkle with slivered green onions.
- Tip: For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 32
PER SERVING: 32 cal., 1 g total fat 9 mg chol., 45 mg sodium, 3 g carb. (2 g sugars), 3 g pro.