- Makes: 16 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 13
hazelnuts or walnuts, toasted*
refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 3 eggs
Chocolate curls (optional)
frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping
white baking chocolate (with cocoa butter)
instant sugar-free, fat-free Suisse mocha or French vanilla-style coffee powder
White Mocha Filling:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8x1-1/2-inch round cake pans. If desired, line bottoms with parchment paper. Set pans aside. In a medium bowl, combine nuts, flour, and baking powder; set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine eggs and sugar; cover and blend or process until combined. Add nut mixture. Cover and blend or process until nearly smooth, scraping side of container occasionally. Divide batter between the prepared pans; spread evenly.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake layers in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes. Remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks. Remove parchment paper, if using.
- Place one of the cake layers on a serving plate. Spread top with half of the White Mocha Filling. Top with remaining cake layer and remaining filling. Loosely cover. Chill frosted cake for 2 to 24 hours. If desired, garnish with chocolate curls. Makes 16 slices.
- White Mocha Filling: Place three-quarters of an 8-ounce container frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping in a medium bowl; thaw. In a small saucepan, combine white baking chocolate (with cocoa butter), chopped; instant coffee powder; and fat-free milk. Cook and stir over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup of the whipped topping (whipped topping will melt). Cool mixture about 5 minutes. Fold melted mixture into remaining whipped topping in bowl.
- To toast nuts: To toast nuts, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place the nuts in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until toasted. Cool nuts slightly. If using hazelnuts, place warm nuts on a clean kitchen towel. Rub nuts with towel to remove loose skins.
- Sugar substitutes: We do not recommend sugar substitutes for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 16
PER SERVING: 144 cal., 9 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 1 mg chol., 63 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (1 g fiber), 3 g pro.