Italian Cocktail Meatballs
- Makes: 12 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 3
refrigerated or frozen cooked turkey meatballs, thawed (12)
bottled roasted red and/or yellow sweet peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces
crushed red pepper
bottled reduced-sodium pasta sauce
Snipped fresh basil (optional)
- In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker combine meatballs and roasted peppers. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Pour pasta sauce over all in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 4 to 5 hours.
- Skim fat from sauce. Stir meatballs gently before serving. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm- or low-heat setting (if available) for up to 2 hours. If desired, garnish with basil.
- Tip: For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 68 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 182 mg sodium, 3 g carb. (1 g sugars), 6 g pro.