Orange-Balsamic Marinated Shrimp
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 5 shrimp, about 1/2 cup Herbed Orzo, and half of a zucchini
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 22
fresh or frozen extra large shrimp in shells
white balsamic vinegar
finely shredded orange peel
finely chopped shallot or onion
Finely shredded orange peel
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Rinse shrimp and pat dry with paper towels. Place shrimp in a large resealable plastic bag set in a shallow bowl.
- In a small bowl combine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon orange peel, orange juice, shallot, olive oil, and salt. Pour over shrimp. Seal bag and toss gently to coat shrimp. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 4 hours.
- Preheat broiler. Remove shrimp from marinade, discarding marinade. Arrange shrimp on the unheated rack of a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil 4 to 5 inches from the heat for 4 to 6 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through broiling.
- Sprinkle shrimp with additional orange peel and serve with Herbed Orzo and zucchini.
- Sides: 1 recipe Herbed Orzo
- Sides: 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise, cut side sprayed with nonstick cooking spray and broiled or grilled until just tender; halved and sprinkled with black pepper
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 224 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 132 mg chol., 309 mg sodium, 22 g carb. (3 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 23 g pro.