Pesto Chicken with Summer Squash
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 ounces cooked chicken, 1 piece zucchini, and 1 piece yellow squash
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 8
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
zucchini (12 ounces total), halved lengthwise
yellow summer squash (12 ounces total), halved lengthwise
purchased basil pesto
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle chicken, zucchini, and yellow squash with salt and black pepper. Place chicken breast halves on the unheated rack of a foil-lined broiler pan. Broil about 5 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken; place vegetables on rack with chicken. Spoon pesto over chicken and vegetables. Broil 5 to 7 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink (170 degrees F) and vegetables are tender.
- Slice chicken and serve with zucchini and yellow squash pieces. Makes 4 (3 ounces cooked chicken, 1 piece zucchini, and 1 piece yellow squash each) servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 230 cal., 9 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 71 mg chol., 364 mg sodium, 8 g carb. (3 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 30 g pro.