Fresh Tomato Salsa
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1/4cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 2
finely chopped tomatoes (3 medium)
fresh Anaheim pepper or one 4-ounce can diced green chile peppers, drained
chopped green sweet pepper
sliced green onions
snipped fresh cilantro or parsley
lime juice or lemon juice
fresh jalapeno, serrano, fresno, or banana peppers
clove garlic, minced
- Seed and finely chop hot peppers.* In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, Anaheim pepper, sweet pepper, green onions, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- If desired, for a smooth salsa, place 1 cup salsa in a food processor or blender. Cover; process just until smooth. Stir into remaining salsa. Cover; chill until serving time. Makes 12 (1/4-cup) servings.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 8 cal., 27 mg sodium, 2 g carb. (1 g fiber),