Rio Grande Dip
- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons dip with about 6 chips
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
uncooked turkey Italian sausage, casings removed if needed
of a small onion, finely chopped
reduced-fat refried black beans
shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (3 ounces)
diced green chiles, undrained
shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
scoop-shape baked tortilla chips
- In a medium skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring to break up sausage as it cooks. Drain off fat. Transfer meat mixture to a 1-1/2-quart slow cooker. Stir in refried beans, 3/4 cup cheese, the salsa, and chiles.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir well before serving. If desired, keep warm in the slow cooker on warm or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. If desired, sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cheese. Serve dip with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 24
PER SERVING: 76 cal., 2 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 258 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (2 g fiber, 1 g sugars), 4 g pro.