Smoky Nut-Stuffed Apricots
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 2 appetizers
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 9
provolone cheese, cut into 16 small cubes
cayenne pepper (optional)
pecan or walnut halves, toasted and halved
turkey bacon, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut a slit in the side of each apricot; gently pull apricot open at the slit. If desired, in a small bowl, toss together provolone cheese cubes and cayenne pepper. Place a cheese piece and a pecan piece into each apricot. Press apricots back together.
- Cool bacon slightly; cut each slice in half lengthwise. Wrap one bacon piece around each stuffed apricot. Use wooden toothpicks to secure.
- Arrange bacon-wrapped apricots on a greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes or until heated through and cheese is softened. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 105 cal., 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 20 mg chol., 243 mg sodium, 9 g carb. (1 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 4 g pro.