Tomato-Ranch Bean Dip
- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons dip with 1/2 cup vegetable dippers
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 12
dried tomatoes (not oil pack)
cannellini beans (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
bottled reduced-calorie ranch salad dressing
finely chopped chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce* (optional)
Fat-free milk (optional)
snipped fresh parsley
carrot sticks, sweet pepper strips, celery sticks, zucchini sticks, broccoli florets, and/or cauliflower florets
- Place tomatoes in a small bowl. Add enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and finely chop the tomatoes; set aside.
- In a food processor, combine beans, salad dressing, garlic, and chipotle pepper (if using). Cover and process until smooth. Add milk, if needed, to thin to desired consistency. Set aside 1 teaspoon of the tomatoes and 1 teaspoon of the parsley. Stir the remaining tomatoes and the remaining parsley into bean mixture.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with the reserved tomatoes and parsley. Serve with vegetable dippers.
- * Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare dip as directed. Cover and chill for up to 8 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 10
PER SERVING: 81 cal., 3 g total fat 3 mg chol., 242 mg sodium, 12 g carb. (4 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 3 g pro.