Arugula Chicken Paillard
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/4 of an avocado, 1/2 of a grapefruit, 1-1/4 cups greens, 1/8 of a fennel bulb, and 1 tablespoon dressing
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds total)
Nonstick cooking spray
shredded baby spinach leaves
pink grapefruit, peeled and sliced crosswise
fennel bulb, thinly sliced
avocado, halved, seeded, peeled, and sliced
- Place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly until 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Remove plastic wrap.
- Lightly coat a panini griddle, covered indoor electric grill, or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat or heat according to manufacturer's directions. Add chicken. If using griddle or grill, close lid and grill about 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. (If using skillet, cook chicken about 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once.)
- Arrange chicken breast halves, arugula, spinach, grapefruit, fennel, and avocado on four serving plates. Drizzle with Champagne Vinaigrette.
ground black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together grapefruit juice, champagne vinegar, olive oil, salt, and ground black pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 314 cal., 11 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 82 mg chol., 271 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (6 g fiber, 10 g sugars), 35 g pro.