Asparagus, Prosciutto, and Arugula Breakfast Sandwiches
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 breakfast sandwich
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 31
asparagus spears, trimmed and halved crosswise
Nonstick cooking spray
Cheddar Biscuits (see recipe, page ???)
very thin slices prosciutto
pure maple syrup
Ground black pepper (optional)
- In a covered large saucepan cook asparagus in a small amount of boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes or just until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add eggs; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until whites are set and yolks start to thicken. Turn eggs over; cook about 1 minute more or until desired doneness.
- Split each Cheddar Biscuit. Arrange arugula on bottoms of biscuits. Top with prosciutto. Drizzle with maple syrup. Top each sandwich with one-fourth of the cooked asparagus and one egg. If desired, sprinkle with pepper. Top with biscuit tops.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 285 cal., 11 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 203 mg chol., 575 mg sodium, 31 g carb. (2 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 15 g pro.