Berry Swirl Pancakes
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 3 pancakes with berries and 1 tablespoon syrup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 36
Nonstick cooking spray
heart healthy pancake mix such as Bisquick Heart Smart brand
egg, lightly beaten
no-sugar-added berry-flavor applesauce such as Mott's Healthy Harvest Country Berry Applesauce
fresh blackberries, cut in half
sugar-free pancake syrup such as Vermont Sugar-Free Low-Calorie Syrup
- Lightly coat an extra-large nonstick griddle or electric griddle with nonstick coating. Preheat griddle or skillet over medium-low heat.
- In a small bowl combine pancake mix, milk, and egg until just combined. Add the applesauce and swirl into the batter, leaving streaks.
- For each pancake pour 3 tablespoon-portions of batter onto the hot griddle; cook pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until pancakes are golden brown. Turn over with a spatula when surfaces are bubbly and edges are slightly dry.
- Top pancakes with the berries and drizzle with syrup.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 204 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 49 mg chol., 408 mg sodium, 36 g carb. (2 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 6 g pro.