Blue Raspberry Phyllo Wedges
- Makes: 12 servings
- Serving Size: 1 wedge each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
Nonstick cooking spray
phyllo dough, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove 1/2 teaspoon zest and squeeze 1 teaspoon juice from lemon. In a small saucepan combine lemon zest, granulated sugar, and cornstarch. Stir in the lemon juice, raspberries, and blueberries. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more; cool.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. (If using foil, lightly coat with cooking spray.) Lay one phyllo sheet flat on a work surface; coat lightly with cooking spray. (Keep remaining phyllo sheets covered with plastic wrap while assembling the wedges.) Top with a second phyllo sheet; coat with cooking spray. Repeat with a third phyllo sheet and cooking spray.
- Cut the phyllo stack lengthwise into three strips. Place about 1 tablespoon of the fruit mixture 2 inches from the end of one strip. Diagonally fold the end of the pastry over the filling to make a triangle. Continue folding like a flag to completely enclose the filling and use the entire phyllo strip. Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat filling and folding remaining 2 pastry strips. Repeat with the remaining phyllo sheets and filling, using 3 phyllo sheets per stack, to make 12 total wedges. Lightly coat tops of wedges with cooking spray.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove; cool slightly on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Choose Splenda Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup granulated sugar. We do not recommend using a sugar substitute for the powdered sugar.
- *Sugar Substitutes: Per Serving with Substitute: Same as above, except 81 cal., 15 g carb. (3 g sugars).
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 85 cal., 1 g total fat 92 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (1 g fiber, 5 g sugars), 2 g pro.