Apricot Chicken Kabobs
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 skewer
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 20
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch pieces
Jamaican jerk seasoning
fresh sugar snap peas or snow pea pods, strings and tips removed
fresh or canned pineapple cubes
medium red sweet pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
apricot spreadable fruit
- Sprinkle chicken with about half of the jerk seasoning; toss gently to coat. Cut any large pea pods in half crosswise.
- Alternately thread chicken, sugar snap peas, pineapple, and sweet pepper onto 4 long (12) or 8 shorter metal skewers*, leaving about 1/4 inch between pieces.
- For sauce: In a small saucepan, combine remaining jerk seasoning and the spreadable fruit. Cook and stir just until spreadable fruit is melted; set aside.
- Place kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals. Grill for 8 to 12 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, turning once and brushing occasionally with sauce during the last 3 minutes of grilling. Makes 4 (1-skewer) servings.
- * If using wooden skewers, soak in enough water to cover for at least 1 hour before using.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 199 cal., 2 g total fat 66 mg chol., 173 mg sodium, 20 g carb. (2 g fiber), 27 g pro.