Chicken Curry with Onions
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/3cup rice with about 1 cup chicken mixture each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 24
large onion, cut in half lengthwise and thickly sliced crosswise
cloves garlic, minced
dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
freshly ground black pepper
fresh spinach leaves (5 cups)
hot cooked brown rice
large lime, cut into thin wedges
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until onion is very tender, stirring occasionally.
- Increase heat to medium-high. Add wine; cook, uncovered, about 3 minutes or until wine is evaporated.
- Add chicken strips; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Sprinkle curry powder and pepper over the chicken, stirring to combine. Cook about 2 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink and a sauce forms, stirring in 1 to 2 tablespoons water if necessary. Stir in spinach; cook and toss about 1 minute or just until spinach wilts.
- Divide rice among four serving bowls. Top with chicken mixture and serve with lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 311 cal., 9 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 66 mg chol., 100 mg sodium, 24 g carb. (3 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 30 g pro.