- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/3cups
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 27
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
dried multigrain or whole grain penne pasta
olive oil or canola oil
crushed red pepper
14 1/2 -
diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onions, undrained
snipped fresh basil or oregano
Shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Cut chicken into bite-size strips; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add broccoli; cook and stir for 3 minutes more. Remove broccoli from skillet.
- Add chicken to the hot skillet; cook and stir for 3 to 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return broccoli to the skillet. Add undrained tomatoes and drained pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- To serve, divide pasta mixture among four shallow bowls. Sprinkle with basil and, if desired, Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 (1-1/3 cups each) servings
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 221 cal., 4 g total fat 33 mg chol., 242 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (3 g fiber, 5 g sugars), 20 g pro.