Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/2cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 30
dried whole grain or regular bow tie or penne pasta (about 2-1/2 cups)
skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (1 to 1-1/4 pounds total), cut into bite-size pieces
olive oil, margarine, or butter
light mayonnaise or salad dressing
ground black pepper
finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta according to package directions, except add broccoli for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Drain well. Return to hot pan.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine chicken pieces and adobo seasoning; toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add chicken; cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is lightly brown and cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken to drained pasta and broccoli in Dutch oven. Stir in the mayonnaise and pepper. Cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- To serve, top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Makes 6 (1 1/2-cup) servings.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Look for this seasoning blend at a market that specializes in Hispanic foods.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 309 cal., 9 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 48 mg chol., 399 mg sodium, 30 g carb. (4 g fiber), 26 g pro.