Plum-Sauced Chicken in Tortillas
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 buritto
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 38
whole, unpitted purple plums, drained
hot-style vegetable juice
skinless, boneless chicken thighs
flour tortillas, warmed
packaged shredded broccoli (broccoli slaw mix) or packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- Remove pits from plums. Place plums in a blender container or food processor bowl. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Transfer plums to a 3 1/2- or 4-quart crockery cooker. Stir in vegetable juice, hoisin sauce, tapioca, gingerroot, and five-spice powder. Rinse chicken; cut into strips. Stir chicken into crockery cooker.
- Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Remove chicken from cooker, reserving juices.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture onto each warm tortilla just below the center. Drizzle with the reserved juices. Top each with 1/3 cup shredded slaw mix. Roll up tortilla.
- Tip: For easy cleanup, line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 271 cal., 6 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 36 mg chol., 539 mg sodium, 38 g carb. (2 g fiber), 13 g pro.