Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- cal.(kcal): 73
- Fat, total(g): 2
- chol.(mg): 6
- sat. fat(g): 1
- carb.(g): 12
- pro.(g): 1
- sodium(mg): 38
- Other Carb(d.e): 1
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
1. In a small bowl stir together flour and baking soda; set aside. In a medium saucepan melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in granulated sugar, cocoa powder, and brown sugar. Stir in buttermilk and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture just until combined. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour. (Dough will be stiff.)
2. Lightly coat cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Drop chilled dough by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
3. Bake in a 350 degrees F oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are set. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Makes 24 cookies.
To make 1/4 cup sour milk, place 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice or vinegar in a glass measuring cup. Add enough milk to make 1/4 cup total liquid; stir. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes before using.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)