Cinnamon Custard and Fruit
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: about 1/2 cup custard and 1/4 cup fruit
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 17
mixed fresh berries, such as sliced strawberries, blueberries, and/or raspberries
fresh mint leaves
- In a medium bowl stir together cornstarch and cinnamon; whisk in the cold water. Add 1-1/2 cups of the milk, the egg yolks, and sugar. Whisk to dissolve the cornstarch mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan heat the remaining 2 cups milk over low heat until bubbles appear around the edges of the saucepan.
- Slowly stir cold milk mixture into hot milk in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in vanilla.
- Cover with plastic wrap, placing plastic wrap directly on surface of the cooked mixture. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours or up to 24 hours (it should thicken to the consistency of custard). Serve with fresh berries. Garnish with mint leaves.
- * We do not recommend using sugar substitutes for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 130 cal., 4 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 101 mg chol., 61 mg sodium, 17 g carb. (1 g fiber, 14 g sugars), 5 g pro.