Citrus Poached Salmon with Asparagus
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet, 3/4 cup asparagus and 1-1/3 tablespoon dressing
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
fresh or frozen skinless salmon fillets
asparagus spears, woody bases removed
snipped fresh parsley
ground black pepper
Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels. Finely shred 1 teaspoon peel from lemon; set aside. Squeeze juice from the lemon and orange; combine juices. Measure 1/4 cup juice for dressing and set aside.
- Pour the remaining juice into a large skillet; add water. Bring to boiling. Add salmon; reduce heat to medium. Simmer, covered, for 4 minutes. Lay asparagus atop salmon*. Simmer 4 to 8 minutes more or until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork and asparagus is crisp tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine reserved 1/4 cup juices, snipped parsley, butter, reserved lemon peel, salt and pepper.
- To serve, drizzle dressing mixture over salmon and asparagus. Garnish with additional fresh parsley leaves, if desired.
- * Asparagus in the liquid may take on a slightly olive green color.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 206 cal., 10 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 70 mg chol., 225 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (1 g fiber, 2 g sugars), 24 g pro.