- Makes: 24 servings
- Serving Size: 1 snowball each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 22
angel food cake mix
reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
orange creme sugar-free, fat-free yogurt
finely chopped clementines (4 to 5)
frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed
unsweetened cocoa powder
Halved clementine slices (optional)
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions, except substitute orange juice for the water called for on the package (this is usually 1 1/4 cups) and add the 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves to the dry mix. Use any suggested pan size and bake according to package directions. Cool cake in pan on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan. Line trays or baking sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- In a very large bowl beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Add 1 carton of the yogurt, beating until smooth. Stir in finely chopped clementines. Crumble cake into the cream cheese mixture. Beat with the electric mixer until combined. Drop cake mixture into 24 mounds on prepared trays or sheets, using about 3 tablespoons (#20 scoop) cake mixture for each mound. Roll mounds into balls (mixture will be sticky*). Freeze about 1 hour or until balls are firm.**
- In a medium bowl fold together the remaining 1 carton yogurt and the dessert topping. Working with one cake ball at a time, insert a fork or wooden skewer carefully into each ball. Spread a thin layer of the topping mixture over each ball or dip each ball into topping, leaving the base of each ball unfrosted. Use a table knife or small metal spatula to gently push the coated ball off the fork and back onto the tray or sheet. If necessary, use the knife or spatula to spread the topping over area where fork was. Dust balls with cocoa powder. Chill for 1 to 24 hours before serving.
- To serve, place snowballs on a cake plate and, if desired, garnish with clementine slices.
- *Test Kitchen Tip: If necessary, use damp hands to form the cake mixture into balls.
- **Make-Ahead Directions: If desired, prepare as directed in Steps 1 and 2, except omit freezing the balls until firm and place balls in airtight containers. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. If frozen, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before continuing as directed in Steps 3 and 4.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 24
PER SERVING: 124 cal., 3 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 199 mg sodium, 22 g carb. (15 g sugars), 3 g pro.