Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- cal.(kcal): 142
- Fat, total(g): 5
- chol.(mg): 12
- sat. fat(g): 2
- carb.(g): 24
- fiber(g): 2
- pro.(g): 1
- sodium(mg): 33
- Fruit(d.e): 1
- Other Carb(d.e): 1
- Fat(d.e): 1
- 5 cups sliced peeled cooking apple
- 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar*
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute* equal to 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl combine apples, 2 tablespoons sugar or sugar substitute, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the apple pie spice. Transfer apple mixture to a 2-quart square baking dish.For topping::
2. In medium bowl, combine oats, 1/4 cup sugar or sugar substitute, flour, and 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping over filling.
3. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until apple is tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm. If desired, top with whipped topping. Makes 8 (1/2-cup) servings.
Sugar Substitutes: Choose from Splenda® Granular, Equal® Spoonful or packets, or Sweet 'N Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount that's equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)