Green Tea and Tangerine Sorbet
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- cal.(kcal): 73
- carb.(g): 19
- sugar(g): 14
- vit. A(IU): 340
- vit. C(mg): 25
- sodium(mg): 18
- calcium(mg): 20
- iron(mg): 0
- Fruit(d.e): 1
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut up
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon green tea leaves or 1 bag green tea
- 2 cups tangerine juice
- 1/4 cup light-colored corn syrup
- Tangerine cups (optional)
- Tangerine slices (optional)
1. Use the flat side of a meat mallet to slightly crush lemongrass. Place in a small saucepan; add cold water. Bring just to boiling over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add tea leaves to hot liquid. Steep for 2 minutes.
2. Strain the hot liquid into a medium bowl; discard tea leaves and lemongrass. Set liquid aside to cool.
3. Stir tangerine juice and corn syrup into liquid. Pour into a nonmetal freezer container.* Cover and freeze about 4 hours or until nearly firm.
4. Break the mixture into chunks. Transfer to a chilled medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Return to freezer container. Cover and freeze about 2 hours or until firm.
5. To serve, scoop into tangerine cups (if desired) or chilled serving dishes. If desired, garnish with tangerine slices. Makes 6 servings.
If you like, freeze the mixture in a no-ice, no-salt electric ice cream maker according to the manufacturers directions.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)