- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 10 ounces
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 24
black tea bag, such as orange pekoe, English breakfast, Lapsang souchong, or Darjeeling
raw sugar or honey
- In a small saucepan combine water, tea bag, and cinnamon stick. Bring to boiling. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bag and cinnamon stick.
- Stir the milk, sugar, vanilla, ginger, and cardamom into the tea. Cook and stir over medium heat just until mixture is heated through (do not boil). To serve, pour hot mixture into warm mugs.
- Makes 2 servings.
- Chocolate Chai: Prepare as above, except stir 1 tablespoon unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder in with the milk and spices. Heat through. Serve with whipped cream. If desired, sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Chocolate Chai: Per about 10-ounce serving: 212 cal. 8 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 29 mg chol., 127 mg sodium, 26 g carbo., 0 g fiber, 9 g pro.
- Chocolate Chai: Daily Value: 12% vit. A, 4% vit. C, 33% calcium, 3% iron
- Chocolate Chai: Exchanges: 1 Milk, 1 Other Carbo., 1 1/2 Fat
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 175 cal., 5 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 18 mg chol., 124 mg sodium, 24 g carb. 8 g pro.