Spiced Fruit Tea
- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 5 ounce
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 11
stick cinnamon, broken*
chopped crystallized ginger
brewed black tea
orange-peach-mango juice or orange juice
Cinnamon sticks (optional)
- For spice bag, cut a 6- or 8-inch square from a double thickness of 100%-cotton cheesecloth. Place the 6 inches broken stick cinnamon and the ginger in center of cheesecloth square. Bring corners of cheesecloth together and tie with clean cotton string.
- In a 3-1/2- to 4-1/2-quart slow cooker, combine tea and juice. Add spice bag to tea mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Discard spice bag. Ladle tea into cups. If desired, garnish with additional cinnamon sticks. Makes 10 (about 5-ounce) servings.
- Saucepan Method: In a large saucepan, combine tea, juice, and spice bag. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- * To break cinnamon sticks, place in a heavy plastic bag and gently pound sticks with the flat side of a meat mallet.
- For easy cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, spoon the food out of your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 10
PER SERVING: 45 cal., 11 mg sodium, 11 g carb. (10 g sugars),