Fresh Tomato Sandwiches
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 2 bagel halves
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 27
whole wheat bagel thins, split
part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
part-skim ricotta cheese
snipped fresh dill or 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
roma tomatoes, sliced (you can also use other varieties such as yellow, green, red, or purple heirloom tomatoes)
red onion cut into thin wedges and separated into pieces
grated Parmesan cheese
Fresh dill (optional)
- Lightly toast bagel thins. Place bagel thins, cut sides up, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and the snipped fresh or dried dill. Spread mixture on bagel thins.
- Layer tomato slices and onion pieces on bagel thins. Sprinkle lightly with garlic powder.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of the Parmesan cheese over each bagel thin half.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until mayonnaise mixture is melted and Parmesan is lightly browned. If desired, garnish with additional fresh dill.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 248 cal., 11 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 27 mg chol., 423 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (6 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 16 g pro.