Frozen Espresso-Peppermint Bombe
- Makes: 10 servings
- Serving Size: 1 slice each
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 29
light chocolate ice cream, softened
finely crushed chocolate graham crackers (10 squares)
instant espresso coffee powder
frozen light whipped dessert topping
small peppermint or sugar-free peppermint hard candies, crushed
Coarsely ground coffee beans (optional)
- Line a 1-quart bowl with plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes.
- For filling, in a bowl stir together softened ice cream and peppermint extract just until combined. Spoon into prepared bowl, packing firmly. Cover and freeze 4 hours or until firm.
- In bowl stir together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until evenly coated. Sprinkle over ice cream; press to pack very firmly. Cover and freeze 24 hours or until firm.
- In a bowl dissolve espresso powder in water. Gently fold espresso into whipped topping until just combined (be careful not to over mix; there may be some streaks left). Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Unmold bombe onto a serving platter, loosening with a thin spatula, if necessary. Remove and discard plastic wrap.
- Spoon espresso mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Quickly pipe espresso mixture over the bombe to enclose. Sprinkle with crushed peppermints and, if desired, ground coffee beans. Return to freezer at least 1 hour before serving.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 10
PER SERVING: 193 cal., 8 g total fat (6 g sat. fat), 14 mg chol., 108 mg sodium, 29 g carb. (1 g fiber, 16 g sugars), 2 g pro.