Garden Tomato Soup
- Makes: 9 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 11
roma tomatoes, chopped*
unsalted vegetable stock
finely chopped assorted vegetables (such as carrot, celery, sweet pepper, fennel, and/or onion)
no salt added tomato paste
- In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine tomatoes, stock, vegetables, tomato paste, sugar, and salt.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 8 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- *Peeling Tomatoes: If desired, peel tomatoes before chopping. To peel tomatoes, use a sharp knife to cut a shallow X on the bottom of each tomato. Immerse tomatoes in batches, in boiling water to cover. Cook for 30 to 60 seconds or until tomato skins split open. Transfer tomatoes to a large bowl of ice water using a slotted spoon. When cool enough to handle, use a knife or your fingers to peel skin off tomatoes.
- **Sugar Substitute: Choose from Splenda® Sugar Blend. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 9
PER SERVING: 62 cal., 190 mg sodium, 11 g carb. (2 g fiber, 6 g sugars), 2 g pro.