Overnight Blueberry Coffee Cake
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- cal.(kcal): 175
- Fat, total(g): 7
- carb.(g): 25
- Monosaturated fat(g): 4
- Polyunsaturated fat(g): 2
- fiber(g): 2
- sugar(g): 12
- pro.(g): 5
- vit. A(IU): 194
- vit. C(mg): 1
- Thiamin(mg): 0
- Riboflavin(mg): 0
- Niacin(mg): 0
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6)(mg): 0
- Folate(µg): 20
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12)(µg): 0
- sodium(mg): 195
- Potassium(mg): 86
- calcium(mg): 40
- iron(mg): 1
- Starch(d.e): 1
- Other Carb(d.e): 1
- Fat(d.e): 1
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup refrigerated or frozen egg product, thawed, or 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter flavoring
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar or brown sugar substitute blend* equivalent to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Frozen light whipped dessert topping, thawed (optional)
- Ground ginger (optional)
1. Lightly coat a 2-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a large bowl stir together pastry flour, cornmeal, granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon, the baking soda, the 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together yogurt, egg, oil, applesauce, and butter flavoring until well mixed. Add egg mixture to the flour mixture; stir just until combined. Spread half of the batter into the prepared dish.
3. Sprinkle with 1 cup of the frozen blueberries. Top with the remaining batter; spread evenly. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 8 to 24 hours.
4. Allow the coffee cake to stand at room temperature while the oven preheats to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl toss together the remaining 1 cup frozen blueberries, the brown sugar, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle on top of the batter. Bake, uncovered, about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. If desired, serve with whipped topping and sprinkle with additional ginger.
Choose from Splenda® Granular or Sweet'N Low® bulk or packets for the granulated sugar. Choose Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend for the brown sugar. Follow package directions to use product amounts equivalent to 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar.
PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 152 calories, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g sugar.
Exchanges: 0 other carb.
Carb Choice: 1.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)