Udon Noodles with Tofu
- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 1/4cup
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 39
dried udon noodles or whole wheat linguine
smoked teriyaki-flavored or plain firm tofu (fresh bean curd), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
large carrot, cut into thin bite-size pieces
sliced green onions
recipe Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette (see recipe)
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Cool pasta slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine tofu, cucumber, carrot, and green onion. Add drained pasta; toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle Ginger-Soy Vinaigrette onto cooked pasta mixture. Toss salad gently to coat. Makes 6 (about 1-1/4-cup) servings.
Make Ahead Tip
- Prepare as directed. Cover and chill for up to 6 hours.
rice vinegar or cider vinegar
toasted sesame oil
reduced-sodium soy sauce
cloves garlic, minced
grated fresh ginger
crushed red pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together rice vinegar or cider vinegar, toasted sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 231 cal., 4 g total fat 571 mg sodium, 39 g carb. (3 g fiber), 7 g pro.