Ultimate Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1/2cup cooked spaghetti with 1 1/4 cups meatball mixture
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 37
fresh button or cremini mushrooms, quartered
thinly sliced sweet onion
thin bite-size strips red or yellow sweet pepper
refrigerated Italian-style cooked turkey meatballs
no-salt-added tomato sauce
no-salt-added tomato paste
dried Italian seasoning, crushed
cloves garlic, minced
dried multigrain spaghetti
Fresh basil leaves (optional)
- In a 1 1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker, combine mushrooms, onion, and sweet pepper. Top with meatballs. In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce, tomato paste, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Pour over mixture in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If no heat setting is available, cook for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- To serve, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Divide spaghetti between serving plates. Top with meatball mixture. If desired, garnish with basil.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 357 cal., 12 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 91 mg chol., 435 mg sodium, 37 g carb. (8 g fiber, 13 g sugars), 25 g pro.