Double Berry Pie Squares
- Makes: 9 servings
- Serving Size: 1 square and 1/2 tablespoon dessert topping
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 25
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
fresh strawberries, hulled and diced
frozen raspberries, thawed
Nonstick cooking spray
finely crushed graham crackers
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
frozen sugar-free whipped dessert topping, thawed
- For filling: In a large saucepan, combine the 1/3 cup sugar and the gelatin; add strawberries and raspberries. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until gelatin is dissolved and mixture is simmering.
- Transfer berry mixture to a shallow bowl. Chill about 45 minutes or until mixture begins to set up around the edges, stirring occasionally.
- For crust: Lightly coat a 2-quart square baking dish with cooking spray. In a medium bowl, stir together finely crushed graham crackers, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and the melted butter. Press graham cracker mixture evenly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Place in freezer while chilling filling.
- Carefully pour filling over the crust. Chill about 3 hours or until filling is completely set.
- Cut into squares to serve. Top with whipped dessert topping. Makes 9 servings (1 square and 1/2 tablespoon dessert topping per serving)
- *Sugar Substitute: Choose from Splenda® Granular or Sweet'N Low® bulk or packets. Follow package directions to use product amount equivalent to 1/3 cup and 2 tablespoons sugar.
- *Sugar Substitute: PER SERVING WITH SUBSTITUTE: same as above, except 103 cal., 16 g carb. Exchanges: 0 other carb. Carb Choices: 1.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 9
PER SERVING: 138 cal., 4 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 7 mg chol., 80 mg sodium, 25 g carb. (4 g fiber, 15 g sugars), 2 g pro.