Key Lime Phyllo Tarts
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- cal.(kcal): 70
- Fat, total(g): 1
- chol.(mg): 0
- sat. fat(g): 0
- carb.(g): 13
- fiber(g): 0
- pro.(g): 2
- sodium(mg): 10
- Other Carb(d.e): 1
- Carb Choice(d.e): 1
- 1 14 ounce can (1-1/4 cups) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 1/2 cup Key lime juice or Persian lime juice*
- 1 drop green and 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
- 24 baked miniature phyllo dough shells
- Frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping (optional)
- Thin lime wedges, quartered (optional)
1. In a small bowl, gradually whisk together sweetened condensed milk, finely shredded lime peel, lime juice, and, if desired, food coloring. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until mixture mounds slightly.
2. Spoon thickened filling into phyllo dough shells (about 1 tablespoon per shell). If desired, top tarts with dessert topping and quartered lime wedges. Makes 24 tarts.
Test Kitchen Tip:
To get 1/2 cup lime juice, squeeze 10 to 12 Key limes or 4 to 6 Persian limes. Or use bottled Key lime juice.
Prepare as directed, except do not top with dessert topping or lime wedges. Cover and chill filled tarts for up to 8 hours. If desired, top tarts with dessert topping and lime wedges.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)