Key Lime Phyllo Tarts
- Makes: 24 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 13
ounce can (1-1/4 cups)
fat-free sweetened condensed milk
finely shredded lime peel
Key lime juice or Persian lime juice*
drop green and 1 drop yellow food coloring (optional)
baked miniature phyllo dough shells
Frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping (optional)
Thin lime wedges, quartered (optional)
- For filling: In a small bowl, gradually whisk together sweetened condensed milk, finely shredded lime peel, lime juice, and, if desired, food coloring. Cover and chill about 2 hours or until mixture mounds slightly.
- Spoon thickened filling into phyllo dough shells (about 1 tablespoon per shell). If desired, top tarts with dessert topping and quartered lime wedges. Makes 24 tarts.
- Test Kitchen Tip: To get 1/2 cup lime juice, squeeze 10 to 12 Key limes or 4 to 6 Persian limes. Or use bottled Key lime juice.
- Make-ahead Directions: Prepare as directed, except do not top with dessert topping or lime wedges. Cover and chill filled tarts for up to 8 hours. If desired, top tarts with dessert topping and lime wedges.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 24
PER SERVING: 70 cal., 1 g total fat 10 mg sodium, 13 g carb. 2 g pro.