No-Bake Lime Pie
- Makes: 8 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 14
reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
green food coloring
Graham Cracker Piecrust (see recipe below)
Frozen fat-free whipped dessert topping (optional)
Finely shredded lime peel (optional)
- To soften gelatin, in a small saucepan, stir together gelatin and 1/2 cup of the milk; let stand about 5 minutes or until gelatin is softened (the mixture will be thick). Cook and stir over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Beat in lime juice, sugar, and food coloring. (The mixture will thicken slightly when lime juice is added.) Gradually beat in the remaining 1-1/4 cups milk and the gelatin mixture. Cover and chill about 30 minutes or until mixture mounds when lifted with a spoon, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the chilled filling into Graham Cracker Piecrust. Cover pie loosely; chill for 4 to 24 hours. Before serving, if desired, top with dessert topping and lime peel. Makes 8 servings.
- *Sugar Substitute: Choose Equal® Spoonful or packets. Follow package directions to use product amounts equivalent to 1 teaspoon and 2 tablespoons sugar.
Graham Cracker Piecrust
finely crushed graham crackers
sugar or sugar substitute* equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed graham crackers, melted margarine, and sugar. Pat the crumb mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the side of a 9-inch pie plate.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 194 cal., 12 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 23 mg chol., 250 mg sodium, 14 g carb. 9 g pro.