Roasted Poblano Guacamole
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1/3cup guacamole and chips from 1 1/2 tortillas
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 27
fresh medium poblano chile pepper
of a medium
sweet onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
avocados, halved, seeded, and peeled
Spiced Tortilla Chips (below)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Halve poblano pepper; remove seeds and membranes.* Place onion slices and poblano pepper, cut sides down, on foil-lined baking sheet. Roast in oven about 20 minutes or until poblano skin and onion are lightly charred. Wrap peppers in the foil and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Peel off skin. Chop poblano and onion.
- In a medium bowl mash avocados. Stir in poblano, onion, lime juice, cumin, and salt. Prepare Spiced Tortilla Chips. Serve avocado mixture with the tortilla chips. Makes 4 (1/3 cup guacamole and chips from 1-1/2 tortillas) servings
- *Test Kitchen Tip: Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
Spiced Tortilla Chips
nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut corn tortillas into wedges. Coat wedges lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with chili powder. Place on a baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 188 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 174 mg sodium, 27 g carb. (6 g fiber, 3 g sugars), 4 g pro.