Hot Pepper Pork Sandwiches
- Makes: 8 servings
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 26
2 1/2 -
boneless pork shoulder roast
fresh jalapeno chile peppers, seeded if desired, and finely chopped* or 1 large green or red sweet pepper, seeded and chopped
whole grain hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Trim fat from roast. If necessary, cut roast to fit into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Place roast in the cooker. Sprinkle roast with fajita seasoning. Add enchilada sauce and chile peppers or sweet peppers.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred meat, discarding fat. Transfer shredded meat to a large bowl. Stir in 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Stir in enough additional cooking liquid to make desired moistness. Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture onto each bun bottom. Top with bun tops.
- * Because chile peppers contain volatile oils that can burn your skin and eyes, avoid direct contact with them as much as possible. When working with chile peppers, wear plastic or rubber gloves. If your bare hands do touch the peppers, wash your hands and nails well with soap and warm water.
- For Easy Cleanup: Line your slow cooker with a disposable slow cooker liner. Add ingredients as directed in recipe. Once your dish is finished cooking, remove food out from your slow cooker and simply dispose of the liner. Do not lift or transport the disposable liner with food inside.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 8
PER SERVING: 343 cal., 11 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 92 mg chol., 559 mg sodium, 26 g carb. (3 g fiber), 33 g pro.