Scrambled Eggs with Sausage
- Makes: 2 servings
- Serving Size: 1 English muffin half and 1-1/2 cups egg mixture
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 16
Nonstick cooking spray
reduced-sodium chicken broth
ground black pepper
cooked turkey sausage, sliced
cherry tomatoes, quartered
finely shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
whole grain English muffin, halved and toasted
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, use a whisk or rotary beater to beat together eggs, broth, and black pepper; stir in sliced sausage.
- Pour egg mixture into hot skillet. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture begins to set on the bottom and around edges.
- With a spatula or a large spoon, lift and fold the partially cooked egg mixture so the uncooked portion flows underneath. Continue cooking over medium heat until almost set; add tomatoes and cheese. Cook about 1 minute more or until egg mixture is cooked through but is still glossy and moist.
- Serve over toasted English muffin halves. Makes 2 servings (1 English muffin half and 1-1/4 cups egg mixture per serving)
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 198 cal., 9 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 231 mg chol., 524 mg sodium, 16 g carb. (2 g fiber, 4 g sugars), 14 g pro.