Grilled Chicken with Peach Salsa
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- cal.(kcal): 311
- Fat, total(g): 20
- chol.(mg): 86
- sat. fat(g): 4
- carb.(g): 5
- pro.(g): 25
- sodium(mg): 85
- 4 chicken legs (thigh-drumstick piece) (about 2-1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely shredded orange peel
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 medium peaches or nectarines or 1-1/3 cups frozen unsweetened peach slices, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green sweet pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, seeded, peeled, and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped cilantro
1. For marinade, in a shallow nonmetallic dish combine wine, orange peel, orange juice, olive oil or cooking oil, rosemary, and bay leaf. Add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and chill about 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, for salsa, peel and pit the fresh peaches or pit the nectarines. Finely chop peaches or nectarines. In a bowl combine peaches or nectarines, chopped red or green sweet pepper, avocado, green onions, lime peel, lime juice, and cilantro. Cover and chill until serving time.
3. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Grill chicken, skin side down, on an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 20 minutes. Turn chicken; grill for 15 to 20 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink. (Or, place chicken on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 5 to 6 inches from the heat for 28 to 32 minutes, turning once.) Brush with marinade up to last 5 minutes of grilling or broiling. Serve chicken with salsa. Makes 6 servings.
Prepare marinade up to 24 hours head; cover and chill. Prepare salsa; cover and chill up to 24 hours.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)