Thai Turkey Burgers
- Makes: 6 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 23
refrigerated or frozen egg product, or 1 egg, beaten
fine dry bread crumbs
Thai seasoning or curry powder
uncooked ground turkey breast
whole grain cocktail-size hamburger buns, split and toasted
fresh basil leaves
purchased peanut dipping sauce
medium mango, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- In a medium bowl, combine egg product or egg, bread crumbs, and Thai seasoning or curry powder. Add ground turkey breast; mix well. Shape into six 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Place patties on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium goals. Grill for 14 to 18 minutes or until done (165 degree F),* turning once.
- To serve burgers, top bottom half of each bun with some of the basil. Add patties. Spoon peanut dipping sauce over patties; add mango slices and bun tops. Makes 6 servings.
- * The internal color of a burger is not a reliable doneness indicator. A turkey patty cooked to 165 degree F is safe, regardless of color. To measure the doneness of a patty, insert an instant-read thermometer through the side of the patty to a depth of 2 to 3 inches.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 213 cal., 4 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 30 mg chol., 438 mg sodium, 23 g carb. (2 g fiber), 22 g pro.