- Makes: 6 servings
- Serving Size: 1 ear of corn
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 28
fresh corn, husked
light Italian salad dressing
snipped fresh rosemary
medium Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
fresh baby spinach leaves or spinach leaves
- Brush each ear of corn with some of the Italian salad dressing; sprinkle each ear with snipped rosemary. Grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals for 20 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cool slightly. (Or, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake brushed ears, in a shallow baking pan, for 30 minutes, turning once.)
- Cut each ear of corn crosswise into thirds. Set a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag in a large, shallow bowl; place corn and sliced tomatoes in bag. Pour remaining dressing over vegetables. Seal bag and let vegetables stand 20 minutes before serving, or chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag once or twice.
- To serve, arrange spinach leaves on six chilled plates. Remove corn and tomatoes from bag with a slotted spoon, reserving dressing. Arrange corn and tomatoes on top of spinach. Pass the reserved dressing. Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 138 cal., 3 g total fat 1 mg chol., 414 mg sodium, 28 g carb. (5 g fiber), 4 g pro.