Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- cal.(kcal): 138
- Fat, total(g): 3
- chol.(mg): 1
- carb.(g): 28
- fiber(g): 5
- pro.(g): 4
- vit. A(RE): 278
- vit. C(mg): 17
- sodium(mg): 414
- calcium(mg): 20
- iron(mg): 2
- 6 ears fresh corn, husked
- 1/2 8 ounce bottle light Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh rosemary
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach leaves or spinach leaves
1. Brush each ear of corn with some of the Italian salad dressing; sprinkle each ear with snipped rosemary. Grill corn on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium to medium-hot coals for 20 minutes or until tender, turning often. Cool slightly. (Or, preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake brushed ears, in a shallow baking pan, for 30 minutes, turning once.)
2. Cut each ear of corn crosswise into thirds. Set a 1-gallon sealable plastic bag in a large, shallow bowl; place corn and sliced tomatoes in bag. Pour remaining dressing over vegetables. Seal bag and let vegetables stand 20 minutes before serving, or chill for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours, turning bag once or twice.
3. To serve, arrange spinach leaves on six chilled plates. Remove corn and tomatoes from bag with a slotted spoon, reserving dressing. Arrange corn and tomatoes on top of spinach. Pass the reserved dressing. Makes 6 servings.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)