Cranberry Cucumber Salad
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup sliced pitted ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salad and vegetable seasoning with coriander and annatto (1 packet)* or 1 1/4 teaspoons Homemade Spice Mix
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine salad greens, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, olives, and cranberries. Set aside.For dressing::
2. In a small screw-top jar, combine oil, lemon juice, the water, and seasoning; shake well. Pour over greens mixture; toss to coat. If desired, sprinkle with black pepper. Makes 6 (1-cup) servings.
*Test Kitchen Tip:
Look for this seasoning blend at a market that specializes in Hispanic foods.
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. In a small bowl, combine paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, and cayenne pepper. Store any leftover mix in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)