Edamame, Vermicelli, and Watercress Salad
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup watercress and about 1 cup noodle mixture
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 25
dried rice vermicelli or angel hair pasta
fennel bulb, trimmed, cored, and cut into thin strips
frozen shelled sweet soybeans (edamame), thawed
purchased coarsely shredded carrots
green onions, thinly sliced
toasted sesame oil
crushed red pepper
fresh watercress, tough stems removed
- Prepare vermicelli or pasta according to package directions; drain. Place vermicelli or pasta in a large bowl. Add fennel, edamame, carrots, and green onions.
- In a screw-top jar combine vinegar, oil, crushed red pepper, and salt. Cover and shake well. Pour over edamame mixture; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, divide watercress among four serving plates. Top with edamame mixture.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:Servings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 182 cal., 6 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 169 mg sodium, 25 g carb. (5 g fiber, 3 g sugars), 7 g pro.