Mediterranean Beef Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- 1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups torn romaine leaves
- 1/2 of a small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1 recipe Lemon Vinaigrette
1. Trim fat from steak. Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Place steak on the unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat until desired doneness, turning once halfway through broiling time. Allow 15 to 17 minutes for medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F) or 20 to 22 minutes for medium doneness (160 degrees F). Thinly slice steak.
2. Divide romaine among 4 dinner plates. Top with sliced meat, red onion, tomatoes, and feta cheese. Drizzle with Lemon Vinaigrette. Makes 4 servings.
YIELD: 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and black pepper
1. In a screw-top jar combine olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, oregano and garlic. Cover and shake well. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Makes about 1/2 cup.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)