Fish Tacos with Mango Salsa
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- cal.(kcal): 418
- Fat, total(g): 10
- chol.(mg): 45
- sat. fat(g): 2
- carb.(g): 52
- fiber(g): 3
- pro.(g): 30
- vit. A(RE): 474
- vit. C(mg): 37
- sodium(mg): 463
- calcium(mg): 111
- iron(mg): 5
- Vegetables(d.e): 1
- Fruit(d.e): 1
- Starch(d.e): 3
- Lean Meat(d.e): 3
- Fat(d.e): 1
- 1 pound fresh or frozen swordfish or halibut steaks, cut 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 8 6 inches flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded fresh spinach or lettuce
- Fresh spinach leaves (optional)
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 thinly sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Thaw fish, if frozen. Rinse fish; pat dry. Cut fish crosswise into 3/4-inch slices; sprinkle with Jamaican jerk seasoning. Place fish strips in a greased grill basket. Grill fish on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium-hot coals for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, turning the basket once halfway through grilling time.
2. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Place at edge of grill; heat for 10 minutes, turning occasionally.
3. To serve, fill warm tortillas with spinach, fish, and Mango Salsa. Makes 8 servings.Mango Salsa::
4. In a large bowl combine mango, tomato, cucumber, snipped fresh cilantro; jalapeno pepper, green onion; and lime juice. Cover; refrigerate until serving time. Serve with a slotted spoon. Makes about 3 cups.
Place seasoned fish slices on the greased unheated rack of a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes; turn fish. Broil for 3 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil. Heat package on lower rack of oven for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add your rating
Please confirm your comment by answering the question below and clicking "Submit Comment."
Pay $0 for a Full Year + FREE Gift! Order NOW and pay nothing for your second year of Diabetic Living® Magazine! That's 2 full years (8 issues) issues for just $16.00 (plus $3.97 postage and handling), plus you'll get Our Best Diabetic Snack Guide instantly! HURRY this offer won't last! (U.S. orders only)